YOUR SUCCESS IS OUR PROFESSION
- Corporate/ Commercial
- Domestic Relations
- Employment Law
- Civil Litigation
Rory R. Jones specializes in the areas of contract, commercial and business litigation, employment law, and domestic relations.
A native of Boise, Rory received his undergraduate and law degrees from the University of Idaho. Strongly influenced by the character of Atticus Finch, Rory first became interested in the law after reading Harper Lee's, "To Kill a Mockingbird." His legal career began in 1982 as a law clerk to the legendary United States Federal District Judge Raymond C. McNichols. His 15 month experience clerking in the federal courts exposed Rory to the best lawyers in Idaho and the West practicing in a wide variety of cases.
In 1996, after serving for 14 years as an associate and partner in the Boise firm of Clemens, Cosho and Humphrey, Rory co-founded the firm now known as Jones WilliamsFuhrman Gourley, P.A. Idealistically, and not unlike Atticus Finch, Rory has built his practice around the principle of providing sound legal advice to family, friends, and their businesses.
Rory practices in a wide range of litigation matters. He has successfully tried to verdict multiple cases involving breaches of contract, fraud and breaches of fiduciary duty, employment-related claims for both employees and employers, including claims of discrimination, wrongful termination and breach of contractual commitments, anti-trust violations, securities fraud, and business break-ups, including partnerships, corporations, and LLCs. Rory is experienced in all types of litigation including family law matters and misdemeanor criminal charges. Rory also provides advice for small businesses.
Rory is admitted to practice before all courts of the State of Idaho, the United States District Courts of Idaho, the United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit and the United States Supreme Court.
When not practicing law, Rory volunteers professional and personal time supporting public education. He has served as a school board member for the Boise School District Board of Trustees for 25 years, and acted as President for 8 years. He is a frequent speaker at education-related events, a long-time volunteer for the Idaho State Bar Association, and the past Chairman of the Client Security Fund for the State of Idaho.
Rory has been married to Lisa Wagner for 30 years and has two sons.
Believing that the primary characteristic of successful legal representation is good judgment, Rory pragmatically exercises a thorough understanding of a client's situation - bringing that same good judgment to your legal problem. Whether your claim involves $500 or $5 million, Rory will settle what can be settled and will effectively try what cannot.
Rory Jones is a Shareholder at Jones Williams Fuhrman Gourley, P.A.
Current Employment Positions:
- Shareholder, Attorney at Law
- United States Federal District Judge Raymond C. McNichols, Law Clerk, 1982 to 1983
- Boise firm of Clemens, Cosho and Humphrey, Associate and Partner
- University of Idaho College of Law, Moscow, Idaho
- J.D., Doctor of Jurisprudence - 00/1982
- University of Idaho, Moscow, Idaho
- B.S., Bachelor of Science - 00/1978
- Honors: cum laude
- Idaho, 1979
- U.S. Court of Appeals 9th Circuit, 1979
- U.S. District Court District of Idaho, 1979
- U.S. Supreme Court
- Boise School District Board of Trustees, School Board Member
- Boise School District Board of Trustees, President
- The Advocate (Editorial Staff), Idaho State Bar Magazine, 1986-1988
- Boise Bar Association, Member
- Idaho Bar Association, Member
- American Bar Association, Member, Litigation Section
- State of Idaho, Client Security Fund, Past Chairman